This article may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase following our links won’t cost you extra, but we may earn a commission. Learn more
There are many factors to consider when making the decision to use a specially designed degreaser for stove top grates, but the most important factor is the results. The results of using a degreaser for stove top grates are immediately apparent.
The grates are left clean and free of grease and grime, making it much easier to cook on and clean up afterward. In addition, the degreaser for stove top grates protects the grates from future build-up, making it an excellent investment for any kitchen.
You can see our top picks for the best degreaser for stovetop grates below-
Benefits of Using the Best Degreaser For Stovetop Grates
Instant Results: The best degreaser for stove top grates is one that will give you instant results. You don’t want to have to wait around for the product to work. You want to be able to apply it and see results right away.
Long Lasting: You also want a product that is long-lasting. You don’t want to have to reapply the degreaser every time you use your stove. You want a product that will last through multiple uses.
Non-Toxic: These degreasers are non-toxic. You don’t want to use a product that is going to be harmful to you or your family. You want a product that is safe to use.
Multi-Purpose: They are multi-purpose. You want a product that you can use on other surfaces in your home. You don’t want a product that is only meant for stove top grates.
Affordable: The degreasers are affordable. You don’t want to spend a lot of money on a product that you are only going to use once in a while. You want a product that is reasonably priced.
The best degreaser for stove top grates is one that meets all of these criteria. You want a product that is going to give you instant results, is long-lasting, is non-toxic, is multi-purpose, and is affordable.
5 Best Degreaser For Stove Top Grates Reviews
1. Weiman Gas Range and Stove Top Cleaner and Degreaser (2 Pack)
- More Uses: Glass, Pans, Grill
- Item Volume: 12 Fluid Ounces
If you have a gas stove, then you know how important it is to keep it clean. And the Weiman Gas Range and Stove Top Cleaner and Degreaser is the best way to do that. It dissolves cooked-on, stubborn soil and gives your gas range a sleek shine.
It’s formulated with a blend of cleaners and degreasers that work effectively and make degreasing easy. Plus, it’s made in the USA.
The Weiman Gas Range and Stove Top Cleaner and Degreaser is specially formulated to clean and shine gas ranges, stovetops, knobs, drip pans, grates, gas BBQ grill grates, and ceramic, glass, and metal bakeware including Pyrex.
It’s recommended for daily use to keep your surfaces clean and looking brand new. It’s safe for all major gas range manufacturers, including GE, Frigidaire, Maytag, and Whirlpool.
- Dissolves cooked-on food and stains
- Specially formulated to clean and shine gas ranges, stovetops, drip pans, and grates
- Can be used daily to keep surfaces looking brand new
- Made in the USA
- Recommended for GE, Frigidaire, Maytag, Whirlpool, and all major gas range manufacturers
I love this product! I have a gas stove and it gets so dirty and greasy. This product works great at cleaning it and getting all the grease off. It’s also very easy to use, just spray it on and wipe it off.
2. Kona Safe/Clean Grill Grate Cleaner Spray – Heavy Duty
- More Uses: Ovens, Grill, Oven
- Item Volume: 680 Milliliters
This grill grate cleaner is amazing! It’s heavy-duty and doesn’t drip, so you can clean your grill quickly and easily. Plus, it’s safe to use on all types of grills, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your grill.
This powerful spray cleaner breaks down tough grease and char stains quickly and easily and is safe for all grill types. Just spray on, wait 10-30 minutes, brush or scour, and wipe or rinse clean. You’ll be amazed at how much easier your cleaning routine is with this degreaser!
Its superior cleaning power doesn’t come at the expense of the environment either – the Kona Safe/Clean grill cleaner is water-based, biodegradable, and phosphate free. So why wait? Make the switch to the Kona Safe/Clean grill cleaner today!
- No-drip formula clings to the surface rather than dripping off
- Fast-working, safe, and powerful degreaser
- Superior cleaning without impacting the environment
- Made in the USA
- Water-based, non-flammable, fume-free, nearly odorless, non-corrosive, biodegradable, and phosphate free
3. Max Professional Piggy’s Heavy Duty Barbecue, Grill, Grate
- More Uses: Grill, Oven, Cooktop
- Item Volume: 38 Fluid Ounces
This Max Professional Piggy’s Heavy Duty Barbecue, Grill, Grate, Oven, and Smoker is perfect for cooking up a storm at your next outdoor event! With multiple grilling options and a large cooking surface, this grill will have you covered no matter what you’re whipping up.
Plus, the heavy-duty construction ensures that this grill will withstand even the most intense heat. So go ahead and crank up the BBQ – your guests are in for a treat!
This product is specially formulated to quickly and easily remove tough stuck-on BBQ grease and oil. It can also be used to clean smokers, fryers, ovens, and stovetops. Max Professional Piggy’s Heavy Duty Barbecue, Grill, Grate, Oven, and Stovetop Cleaner and Degreaser is safe to use on steel, wood, and glass and will leave your surfaces streak-free and film-free.
Also, Max Professional Piggy’s Heavy Duty Barbecue, Grill, Grate, Oven, and Stovetop Cleaner and Degreaser are made in the USA. So, you can be sure you’re getting a high-quality product. Don’t spend another cookout struggling to clean your grill grates.
Make Max Professional Piggy’s Heavy Duty Barbecue, Grill, Grate, Oven, and Stovetop Cleaner and Degreaser part of your grill cleaning arsenal.
- Specially formulated to clean BBQ grates
- Safe and non-toxic
- Penetrates the toughest built-up grease
- Leaves BBQ area clean and cookout ready
- Streak-free, film-free shine
- Made in the USA
We absolutely love our Max Professional Piggy’s Heavy Duty Barbecue, Grill, Grate, Oven, and Smoker! It’s the perfect size for our family of four and we’ve used it for everything from grilling burgers to smoking a whole chicken. The quality is excellent and it’s definitely worth the price.
4. Goo Gone Grill and Grate Cleaner Spray (2 Pack)
- More Uses: Pans, Grill
- Item Volume: 24 Fluid Ounces
This grill and grate cleaner is also amazing! It works so well and makes cleaning my grill a breeze.
When you’re looking for the best degreaser for your stove top grates, look no further than Goo Gone Grill and Grate Cleaner. This super-strength gel quickly and easily removes caked-on food, baked-on deposits, carbon, and grease.
Plus, it’s biodegradable and reduces smoke and flare-ups. It’s safe to use on metals, cooking grates/racks, drip pans, and Weber, Traeger, Kamado, Saber, and Char Broil grill interiors and exteriors.
- Super-strength gel cleans your grill and is safe on food-prep surfaces
- Quickly removes grease from your grill and grates
- Biodegradable and reduces smoke/flare-ups
- Safe for use on metals, cooking grates/racks, drip pans, Weber, Traeger, Kamado, Saber, and Char-Broil grill interiors/exteriors
- Cleans and degreases BBQ cooking grates and racks, pellets, and electric smokers
5. Weiman Oven & Grill Cleaner – 24 Ounce – (2 Pack)
- More Uses: Doors, Pans, Grill, Oven
- Item Volume: 48 Fluid Ounces
Weiman Oven & Grill Cleaner is another great degreaser. This heavy-duty foam easily cuts through tough, baked-on food and residue, making cleaning your oven and grill grates a breeze. The no-drip foam formula clings to your surfaces, making the cleaning process much easier and less messy.
Weiman Oven & Grill Cleaner also dissolves stubborn grease and grimy soil, leaving your oven and grill grates looking like new. Plus, it protects oven and grill grates from rusting, deteriorating, and harboring bacteria.
You can use Weiman Oven & Grill Cleaner on oven interiors including doors, grates, broiler pans, drip pans, BBQ grill grates, ceramic grills, frames, trays, drawers, and handles. It also works great to clean pots and pans.
- Cuts through tough, baked-on food and residue
- The no-drip foam makes the cleaning process easier and less messy
- Dissolves stubborn grease and grimy soil
- Protects oven and grill grates from rusting, deteriorating, and harboring bacteria
- Can be used on oven interiors, BBQ grill grates, ceramic grills, frames, trays, drawers, and handles
- Also works great to clean pots and pans
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get grease off stove top grates?
There are a few ways that you can get grease off of your stove top grates. One way is to use a degreaser. You can either make your own degreaser or buy one at the store.
To make your own, mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the degreaser on the grates and let them sit for a few minutes before scrubbing them with a sponge or brush. If you are using a store-bought degreaser, follow the instructions on the packaging.
Another way to remove grease from stove top grates is to boil them in water. Fill a pot with enough water to cover the grates and bring it to a boil. Add the grates to the pot and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
Remove the grates from the pot and scrub them with a sponge or brush. If you have stubborn grease buildup, you may need to soak the grates in vinegar overnight. Fill a bowl or sink with enough vinegar to cover the grates and add them to the liquid.
How do you clean the cast iron grates on a gas stove?
If you have a gas stove with cast iron grates, you know that they can be a pain to clean. But with the right technique, it’s actually not that difficult. Here’s how to clean your cast iron grates:
1. First, make sure your grates are cool before you start cleaning them. If they’re still warm from cooking, let them cool down for a few minutes first.
2. Next, take a damp cloth or paper towel and wipe off any loose food or grease from the surface of the grate.
3. Once the surface is clean, it’s time to get rid of any stubborn residue. For this, you’ll need a stiff brush and some soap (dish soap works fine). Wet the brush in soapy water and then scrub at the residue until it comes off.
If necessary, you can use a little bit of elbow grease! 4. Rinse the soap off with water and dry the grate with a towel or paper towel. That’s it – your cast iron grate is now clean and ready for use!
What is the best degreaser for stove tops?
There are a few different types of degreasers that can be used on stovetops, but the best one to use depends on the type of stovetop and the severity of the grease build-up. For example, if you have a stainless steel stovetop, you’ll want to use a degreaser that’s specifically designed for that material. And if the grease build-up is really bad, you might need to use a stronger degreaser or even a chemical stripper.
If you have a ceramic stovetop, you can usually get away with using a less strong degreaser. In fact, many people recommend using distilled white vinegar as a natural and effective degreaser for ceramic cooktops. Just apply it to the surface with a clean cloth and scrub in circular motions until all of the grease is removed.
Then rinse with warm water and dry with another clean cloth. If your stovetop is made of glass, you’ll want to be extra careful not to scratch it while cleaning. So avoid using any abrasive cleaners or scrubbers altogether.
Instead, opt for a gentler cleaner like dish soap or white vinegar. Apply it to the surface with a soft cloth and rub in gentle circles until all of the grease is lifted away. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly afterward.
How can I make my stove grates look new again?
If your stove grates are looking a little worse for wear, don’t despair – there are plenty of ways to make them look new again! Here are some tips:
1. First, give them a good cleaning. Scrub them with soapy water and a stiff brush to remove any built-up grease and grime. If they’re really dirty, you may need to soak them in hot, soapy water for a while before scrubbing.
2. Once they’re clean, you can try polishing them with some metal polish. This will help bring back their shine.
3. If your grates are made of cast iron, you can also try seasoning them. This will create a protective layer that will help prevent rusting and make them easier to clean in the future.
Simply rub on some vegetable oil or shortening, then bake in a 350-degree oven for about an hour. Let cool completely before using your stove again.
4. If all else fails, you can always buy new grates!
How To Use Degreaser For Your Stove Top Grates Properly?
When it comes to keeping your stove top grates clean, a degreaser is your best friend. But, as with any cleaning product, you need to use it properly in order to get the best results. Here are a few tips on how to use degreasers for your stove top grates:
Step 1: Pre-clean your grates. Before you degrease your grates, you need to remove any loose dirt and debris. The best way to do this is to scrub them with a stiff brush or a nylon scrub pad.
Step 2: Apply degreaser. Once your grates are pre-cleaned, it’s time to apply the degreaser. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, as you don’t want to use too much or too little.
Step 3: Let it sit. Once you’ve applied the degreaser, let it sit for the amount of time specified on the bottle. This will give it time to break down the grease and grime.
Step 4: Rinse it off. After the degreaser has had time to work, rinse it off with hot water. You may need to scrub a bit to get rid of all the residue.
Step 5: Dry it off. Finally, dry your grates with a clean towel or paper towels.
By following these simple steps, you can easily degrease your stove top grates and keep them looking like new.
So, if you’re looking for the best degreaser for stove top grates, make sure to consider all the factors involved. Results are important, but so is protecting your investment. With the right product, you can have both. We Hope our recommended products give you the clean, shiny stovetop you’ve been dreaming of.