If you’re like many people, you probably have a gas fireplace in your home. And, if you’re like many people, you probably don’t use it that often. But when you do want to use it, you may find that it’s not as easy to move as you thought.
Here are some tips on how to move a corner gas fireplace in general.
- Decide where you want the fireplace to go and measure the area
- Make sure there are no flammable objects nearby
- Disconnect the gas line from the fireplace
- If your home is not already equipped with a gas line, you will need to have one installed by a professional
- Remove the mantel and any other removable parts of the fireplace
- Carefully lift the fireplace unit and place it in its new location
- Reconnect the gas line and test that everything is working properly before replacing the mantel and other parts
Can You Put a Gas Fireplace in a Corner?
If you’re considering adding a gas fireplace to your home, you may be wondering if you can put it in the corner. The answer is yes! A gas fireplace can work well in a corner, provided there’s enough space for the unit and proper ventilation.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when installing a gas fireplace in the corner of your home:
Make sure there’s enough space: A gas fireplace needs room to breathe, so make sure your proposed installation site has enough clearance on all sides. The minimum recommended clearance for a gas fireplace is 12 inches from the side walls and 18 inches from the back wall.
Choose the right model: Not all gas fireplaces are created equal—some are better suited for corner installations than others. When shopping for a gas fireplace, look for models that are specifically designed for corners.
You can check out this model on Amazon
Consider the ventilation: All gas fireplaces need to be vented to the outside, so you’ll need to make sure your chosen installation site has access to an exterior wall. If not, you may need to have a vent installed, which can be a costly and complicated project.
Get professional help: Installing a gas fireplace is not a DIY project—it’s best to leave it to the professionals. Not only do they have the experience and expertise to get the job done right, but they also have the necessary tools and equipment.
How Much Does It Cost to Relocate a Fireplace?
If you’re planning to relocate your gas fireplace, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you’ll need to determine the cost of the project. The cost of relocating a gas fireplace will vary depending on the size and type of fireplace, as well as the complexity of the project. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $2,000 for the project.
Next, you’ll need to find a qualified professional to do the job. Make sure to ask for referrals and check out the contractor’s credentials before hiring anyone. Once you’ve found a qualified contractor, the next step is to determine the best location for your new fireplace. This is an important decision, as the location of your fireplace will impact the overall look and feel of your home.
Also, you’ll need to consider the cost of gas and installation when choosing a new location for your fireplace. If you’re planning to install the fireplace yourself, you’ll need to factor in the cost of gas and installation. However, if you’re hiring a professional, the cost of gas and installation should be included in the total price.
Keep these factors in mind when planning to relocate your gas fireplace. By taking the time to plan ahead, you can ensure that the project goes smoothly and that you’re happy with the final results.
Are Corner Fireplaces a Good Idea?
If you’re considering a corner fireplace, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are some pros and cons of corner fireplaces to help you make your decision:
-A corner fireplace can create a cozy feeling in your home.
-They can be a great way to save space since they don’t take up much room.
-Corner fireplaces can add architectural interest to your home.
-They can be a focal point in your room and help to define the space.
-You can still use furniture placement flexibility with a corner fireplace. For example, you could put two chairs and a small table in front of it, or arrange your furniture around it in an L shape.
-Because they’re placed in the corner of the room, they can sometimes feel like they’re not part of the action.
-It can be difficult to find the right size and style of the mantel for a corner fireplace.
-If you have young children, you’ll need to be extra careful with a corner fireplace because little ones tend to explore and touch everything!
How to Move Electric Fireplace?
An electric fireplace is a great way to add warmth and ambiance to your home without the hassle of a traditional fireplace. If you’re thinking about moving your electric fireplace, there are a few things you need to know first.
1. Make sure you have the right tools. You’ll need a screwdriver, drill, level, tape measure, and a stud finder.
2. Choose the right location for your new electric fireplace. It should be in a spot that’s easily accessible and visible from wherever you’ll be spending most of your time.
3. Prep the area where you’ll be installing the electric fireplace by clearing away any flammable materials and making sure the electrical outlet is readily available.
4. Follow the instructions that come with your electric fireplace carefully. This will ensure that it’s installed correctly and safely.
5 . Sit back and enjoy your new electric fireplace!
How to Move Gas Fireplace Insert?
If you’re looking to add a gas fireplace insert to your home, there are a few things you need to know before getting started. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to move a gas fireplace insert:
1. Remove the existing firebox insert. This can be done by gently pulling it out of the firebox. Be careful not to damage the surrounding area.
2. Clean out the firebox and remove any debris or ashes that may be present.
3. Install the new gas fireplace insert into the firebox. Make sure it is properly secured in place.
4. Turn on the gas supply and test the unit to ensure it is working properly. Follow all manufacturer’s instructions when doing this step.
Featured image credit: www.youtube.com