This article may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase following our links won’t cost you extra, but we may earn a commission. Learn more
Wood pellet fire pits are gaining popularity day by day as they are a great way to enjoy a cozy fire without all the hassle. They are easy to set up and use, and they provide a lot of warmth and comfort. Wood pellet fire pits also produce no or low smoke, so you don’t have to worry about your neighbors being bothered by the noise or smell.
A wood pellet fire pit is a great way to enjoy indoors and out and have a cozy fire to keep you warm. Wood pellets are made from compressed wood shavings and are a renewable, sustainable fuel source. They burn cleanly and produce very little smoke, so they are perfect for use in fire pits.
There are many different types and models of wood pellet stoves on the market, so it’s important to do your research to find the best one for your home.
Advantages of Using a Wood Pellet Fire Pit
There are many advantages to using a wood pellet fire pit. Wood pellets are made of compressed sawdust and other biomass wastes, so they’re a renewable resource. They also produce very little smoke, and because the pellets are uniform in size, they burn evenly with very little fuss.
This makes them an excellent choice for people who want the warmth and ambiance of a fire without all the hassle. Also-
1. No or low smoke: One of the best things about wood pellet fire pits is that they produce very little or no smoke. This is due to the fact that the pellets are made of compressed sawdust, which burns very cleanly.
2. Easy to use: Wood pellet fire pits are also very easy to use. All you need to do is add pellets to the fire pit and light them. Once the pellets are lit, they will self-ignite and produce a consistent flame.
3. Ease of Storage: One of the great advantages of a pellet stove is that its fuel can be easily stored. You will find pellet packets in the market in various shapes, quantities, and sizes, which you can easily stock and store
4. Very efficient: Another great thing about wood pellet fire pits is that they are very efficient. The pellets are highly combustible, which means that they produce a lot of heat.
5. Autonomy: Pellet fire pits can be fully automatic or semi-automatic. With a fully automatic pellet stove, you simply load the pellets into the hopper and the stove does the rest. The pellets are fed into the firebox as needed to maintain the desired temperature.
6. Low maintenance: Wood pellet fire pits are also low maintenance. The only thing you need to do is occasionally clean the fire pit and replenish the pellets.
7. Affordable: Wood pellet fire pits are also very affordable. The pellets are relatively inexpensive, and the fire pits themselves are not too pricey.
Wood pellet fire pits come in many different sizes, so you can find one that will fit your needs perfectly. They’re also easy to use- just fill up the hopper with pellets and light it up! You’ll be enjoying the warm glow of a real fire in no time at all.
Here we have selected the 6 best wood pellet fire pits to suit your needs, take a look.
1. TIKI Brand 25 Inch Stainless Steel Low Smoke Fire Pit
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 24.75 x 24.75 x 18.75 inches
- Weight: 45 Pounds
This fire pit features an internal airflow system that provides a better fire with less smoke and ash, making it perfect for those chilly summer nights.
With a 4-foot heat radius, integrated ash pan, and included stand, weather-resistant cover, and wood pack, this tiki wood pellet fire pit has everything you need to host a successful bonfire or relaxing romantic evening.
- Stand, weather-resistant cover, and wood pack included
- Patented internal airflow system for better fire, low smoke, and less ash
- 25″ diameter with approx. 16″ depth and diameter on the inside
- Ash pan for easy cleanup and less mess
- easy cleanup
- Predictable burn time
2. Blue Sky Outdoor Living Pike Ultra Portable Steel Smokeless Fire Pit
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 9.53 inches
- Weight: 7.21 Pounds
The Blue Sky Outdoor Living Pike Ultra Portable Steel Smokeless Fire Pit is a great way to enjoy a campfire without all the smoke and ash. This compact fire pit is easy to assemble and use, and it can be easily carried and stored in a backpack or small space.
The high-efficiency design of this blue sky wood pellet fire pit burns wood pellets or firewood pieces with little smoke, sparks, or ash, and the black powder-coated paint is rated for exposure to high temperatures.
- High-efficiency design with little smoke, sparks, or ash
- Black powder-coated paint is rated for exposure to high temperatures
- Easy to assemble, use, carry, clean, and store
- Compact and portable
- Easy to assemble and use
- Reduces to 10″ Dia x 5.25″ H
- Comes with a carrying case
3. INNO STAGE Patented Smokeless Fire Pit
- Material: Metal
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 12.2 x 8.7 inches
- Weight: 8.45 pounds
This unique smokeless wood pellet fire pit design maximizes airflow and produces less smoke for a more enjoyable experience. The double wall design also keeps your clothes and fabrics from being damaged by sparks.
The handy size and portable carrying bag make it easy to take this fire pit anywhere, and the no-assembly-required design makes it easy to use.
So next time you’re looking for a smoke-free way to enjoy a campfire, be sure to check out the INNO STAGE Patented Smokeless Fire Pit!
- Patented double wall design for efficient hotness without smoke
- Practical two-tier structure for easy setup and ash dumping
- Sturdy metal construction with black paint for resisting rust and high temperatures
- Handy size with a portable carrying storage bag for car camping or deck picnic
- No assembly required
4. QuliMetal 304 Stainless Steel Fire Burn Pot Replacement Parts
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 6.38 x 6.06 x 4.09 inches
- Weight: 1.23 pounds
When it comes to grilling, you want something that is going to last. That is why the QuliMetal 304 Stainless Steel Fire Burn Pot Replacement Parts for Traeger and Most Pit Boss Pellet Grill Burner is a great choice.
This Traeger burn pot replacement product is made from heavy-duty SUS 304 stainless steel to ensure long-lasting use. The burn pot can be assembled in a short time with basic tooling, and it comes with screws and a fire pot (saving you time to purchase screws from a hardware store).
- It Fits Traeger and most Pit Boss pellet grills
- Made of heavy-duty 304 stainless steel
- Easy to install
- Include screws and fire pot
- Bonus screws included
- 7 large air holes
5. Patented Bonfire Fire Pit
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 15 x 7 inches
- Weight: 19.8 Pounds
This fire pit is designed with a double wall to maximize airflow and produce less smoke. The bottom vent holes allow oxygen to flow through while the double walls keep the heat in. This prevents your clothes from getting smoky or holes in them from sparks.
The fire pit is also easy to set up. Just put two parts together and you’re ready to go. The portable handles make it easy to lift and move the fire pit around. When you’re done, simply lift the bottom tray and dump the ash. The fire pit is also made from sturdy metal that is painted black to resist rust.
This portable wood pellet fire pit is the perfect size for a small space and comes with a carrying bag for easy transport. The best part is that it comes with a high-quality stainless steel barbecue grill, so you can enjoy your bonfire party with friends.
- A double wall design that is efficient and produces less smoke
- A two-tier structure with a specially added handle for easy portability
- Made from sturdy metal and is antirust and resistant to high temperatures
- The fire pit comes with a portable carrying storage bag
- The fire pit also comes with a high-quality stainless steel barbecue grill
- Less smoke and more flame
- The fire pit comes with a waterproof carrying bag
6. Flame Genie FG-16 Portable Smoke-Free Wood Pellet Fire Pit
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 9.6 x 19.5 x 21.5 inches
- Weight: 13.85 Pounds
Made in the USA from steel with a black powder coat paint finish, this fire pit is perfect for your patio, campsite, or outdoor adventure. The low moisture content of the wood pellets used in this fire pit results in a more efficient, cleaner burn than cordwood, and the easy-to-handle pellets leave you with less ash to clean up.
Plus, the bottom of the fire pit nests in the top for easy transport and compact storage. When not in use, be sure to store your fire pit indoors in a dry environment to minimize rust.
- Produces a larger flame, more heat & longer burn times
- Smoke-free and spark-free
- Uses wood pellets, not firewood
- Steel material with black powder coat paint finish
- Bottom nests in the top for easy transport and compact storage
How to Choose the Best Wood Pellet Fire Pit?
When it comes to outdoor fires, there are many options to choose from. Wood pellet fire pits are a popular choice because they offer the warmth and comfort of a traditional fire pit while also providing the convenience of an easy-to-use appliance. If you’re considering adding a wood pellet fire pit to your backyard, there are some things you should know before making your purchase.
The first thing to consider is size. How large do you want your fire pit to be? Wood pellet pits come in all shapes and sizes, so there’s sure to be one that fits your needs. The second thing you’ll need to think about is the fuel source. Most wood pellet pits require electricity for operation, so make sure you have an outlet nearby or plan on running an extension cord.
Once you’ve determined what size and type of wood pellet fire pit are right for you, it’s time to start thinking about features. Do you want something with adjustable heat settings? A cover for inclement weather? Something that doubles as a grill? There are many options available, so take some time and think about what would best suit your needs and lifestyle.
You also need to consider a few other things. Things like fire pit material, your budget, warranty, how the customer service is, and what is the return policy for the fire pit should be thoroughly researched.
So, don’t forget about safety! Be sure to read through the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before using your new wood pellet fire pit -and always follow safe practices when operating any kind of open flame outdoors
How to Burn Wood Pellets in a Fire Pit?
If you’re looking for a fun, easy way to enjoy your backyard this summer, consider burning wood pellets in your fire pit. Wood pellets are a great alternative to traditional firewood, and they’re easy to use.
When burning wood pellets in a fire pit, there are several things you can do to make the process easy and efficient. The first step is to gather your supplies. You will need wood pellets, kindling, a lighter or matches, and a fire pit.
1. Choose the right wood pellets. Look for pellets that are made from 100% hardwood, such as oak or hickory. Avoid pellets made from softwoods, such as pine, as they can produce more smoke and creosote.
2. Build your fire. Place the pellets in the fire pit in a pyramid shape, with the largest pieces on the bottom and the smaller pieces on top. Add a few pieces of kindling to help get the fire started.
3. Light your fire. Use a long match or lighter to reach the pellets at the bottom of the pyramid. Once the fire is lit, add more pellets as needed to keep the fire going.
4. Enjoy your fire. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the warmth and ambiance of your wood pellet fire pit.
How to Clean Your Wood Pellets in a Fire Pit?
When you are finished using your wood pellet fire pit, it is important to clean it properly to avoid any dangerous build-up of ash or embers. Here are the steps to take:
1. Let the ashes cool completely before attempting to clean them up. This may take a few hours, depending on how hot the fire was when you put it out.
2. Use a shovel or other tool to remove as much of the ashes as possible from the pit. Try not to disturb the remaining embers too much – they can be cleaned up easily with a brush later on.
3. Once the inside of the fire pit is clean, you need to clean the outside of the fire pit. You can do this by using a hose or a power washer.
4. Once the outside of the fire pit is clean, you need to inspect the fire pit for any damage. If there is any damage, you need to repair it before using the fire pit again.
Next, you need to dispose of the wood pellets. You can either put them in a trash can or compost them.
What are Wood Pellets?
Wood pellets are small, cylindrical pieces of compressed wood that are about the size of a pencil eraser. They’re made from 100% natural wood, and they’re a renewable, sustainable fuel source. Wood pellets are commonly used in pellet grills and pellet smokers, but they can also be used in a wood pellet fire pit.
Can You Burn Wood Pellets in an Outdoor Fire Pit?
Yes, you can burn wood pellets in an outdoor fire pit. Wood pellets are a great fuel choice for an outdoor fire pit because they are portable, easy to light, and produce consistent heat.
Pellets also emit very little smoke, so they are a good choice if you want to enjoy a fire without creating too much of a mess.
How Long Do Wood Pellets Last in a Fire Pit?
How Long Do Wood Pellets Last in a Fire Pit? One of the great things about wood pellets is that they’re very efficient and last a long time. A single pound of wood pellets will burn for approximately 45 minutes. This means that a 40-pound bag of wood pellets will last about 18 hours.
The disadvantage of Using a Pellet Fire Pit
Wood pellet fire pits are one of the most popular types of outdoor fire pits on the market. They are easy to use, produce little smoke, and are relatively inexpensive. However, there are some disadvantages to using a wood pellet fire pit that you should be aware of before making your purchase.
One of the biggest disadvantages of using a wood pellet fire pit is that it can be very messy. The wood pellets that are used to fuel the fire can easily spill and make a mess of your patio or deck. You will also need to clean up the ashes that are left behind after the fire has burned out.
The investment cost of a wood pellet stove or fire pit is high. Besides, the price of pellets is increasing slightly to keep up with the growing demand.
When you buy bagged pellets, they must come packed in a plastic bag which is compounding the problem of plastic pollution in the environment. However, this is starting to be addressed by emphasizing packaging with bio-degradable plastic or reusable cloth bags.
Also, there are some fire pits that you may experience noise while using
A wood pellet fire pit is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and extend the use of your backyard patio or deck into the cooler months. Whether you’re roasting marshmallows with the kids or enjoying a glass of wine around the fire with friends, there’s nothing like the ambiance of a wood fire. But if you’ve never used a wood pellet fire pit before, you might be wondering how long the wood pellets will last. But you have to choose the best wood pellet-burning fire pit for this.